We may feel like the last thing we should care and focus on these days is how we look. Why bother if we have nowhere to go anyway and the leggings/ jumper set work so well?
It is true that comfort has come to the forefront of priorities and this is something that has been already recognised and addressed by the fashion industry. The loungewear has been revived and even given a separate shopping section by all major brands.
As always there are two sides to the coin. One being the fact that we get to just relax in our comfy and warm outfits without an additional trouble to dressing up; especially if the responsibilities piled up with home-schooling, working from home etc. I hear you and that is understandable.
On the other hand, there are couple of pitfalls of this scenario:
1. First, we are in danger of developing a new habit of being dressed down and not making an effort about our look at all. It is very easy to subconsciously adopt a new way of approaching our image from a perspective of "I don't care, noone can see me anyway".
2. Resorting to the same comfort clothes also deprives us of nourishing our creativity. If we had trouble putting outfits together before, imagine what happens if you don't do that for a year and then one day you actually have to get dressed to go back to work?
3. Not wearing our normal clothes and maintaining the same or similar self-care beauty routine deprives us of a sense of normality. We are taking a break from life and we live in the weekend image 24/7; surely we will feel the impact of the change of circumstances even more, won't we?
So what can we do during this challenging time to maintain or even refine our image?
· DOWNLOAD MY FREE GUIDE and go through the process of creating your signature style at your own pace. There is no better time to really sit down with yourself and understand what you need, how you want to look, what is working and what is not working now. I will guide you through the process along the way! Get it for free HERE.
· REVIEW YOUR WARDROBE to gain clarity of what you have and to create that physical and mental space. Tiding up your clothes will also make you feel so much better; this is a perfect project for the lockdown time. The process is described in my guide, so I got you covered here!
· PREP YOUR OUTFITS to ensure you have them ready when Monday comes. Spend 30min on the weekend to decide what you will wear for the next 5 days. This will help you ensure that you wear your normal clothes, that you practice your creativity and that you have something to look forward to next day!
· CREATE A SIMPLE BEAUTY ROUTINE so that you look and feel good every day! You don’t need to spend an hour putting a full-on makeup. Instead, decide what you can do in the morning that takes no longer than 5-10min and that will make you feel fresh and beautiful. It can be as simple as adding a bit of BB cream to your moisturiser, mascara and a lip-gloss!
· USE YOUR ACCESSORIES especially jewellery but also scarfs, scrunchies, headbands, tights etc to develop that attention to detail with your image. Adorning yourself on a day to day basis even if you just add your favourite earrings helps you develop the sense of inner & outer beauty, as well as sense of self-love and self-care. You deserve to look and feel beautiful and those small details will help you feel that you deserve and you are worth it.
If the thought of focusing on yourself and using this time to refine your image excites you, you may also want to consider working with a Style Coach to help you create an image that reflects your authentic self. My job is to help you bridge the gap between who you are and how you look. You can start your style journey with small steps (e.g. by learning about your best colours or how to dress your body in the most flattering way) or you may want to consider a full 9 week style coaching program to address all areas of inner and outer image.
No matter where you are, it all start with a FREE VIDEO CHAT, books yours today so I can help you understand how to make the most of this time! BOOK HERE.